Monday 22 April 2013

StumbleUpon is becoming more and more popular everyday. Bloggers rely on StumbleUpon to bring in a lot of traffic. This great social bookmarking site can do wonders for your blog. It works like a lucky dip. This crazy website guides you all over the web and you never know what your going to find. Just by clicking "stumble" and you are on your way to god knows what!

Lots of major bloggers use StumbleUpon. I use it and in this post I am going to show you why you should too.
 
 
What's StumbleUpon?

The web definition for StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that fields the best of the web, recommend to each unique user. Its features allow users to discover and rate Web pages, photos, and videos that are personalized to their tastes and interests using peer-sourcing and social networking principles.
 
 

Why I use StumbleUpon and why you should too

I use StumbleUpon to increase my blog traffic. Its another traffic stream and can only do good. I wish that I had found it sooner as now it has become the biggest source of traffic to my blog. It has passed all my social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and even my previous top traffic source LinkedIn! This has became vital to me and I am excited as to what I can achieve later on in the next few months.
 
StumbleUpon manages to gain more visitors than any other social networking site. Although it gains more traffic than any other, it does have some disadvantages. StumbleUpon's users stumble onto new pages.
 
Many users search for new pages through the StumbleUpon toolbar. Though you get more traffic, compared to other social networking sites the average time spent on your website is a lot less. To increase the time is a mixture of a few things.
 
I say it in a lot of my posts but content is key. Another is the title headline. This is the first thing that your StumbleUpon readers are going to see. Images also help you. Anything you can think of that makes your posts attractive. What you want to achieve is that the StumbleUpon reader spends enough time on your blog to make sure they want to come back.
 
Stumble other things, not only your own blog posts
 
Only stumbling your own blog posts can make you look like a complete spammer and fellow stumblers are not going to follow you. Stumble other things that are in your niche or other things that interest you.
 
Increase your followers
 
Connect with other stumblers in your niche. Make friends and follow them in your niche. Just because you follow them, doesn't mean they are going to follow you back. Comment on the pages and then they will more than likely follow you back. You get traffic by those who search for webpages. Followers can have a great benefit if they are impressed by you.
 
I hope that this has benefited you as much as it has for me. I hope that you get a lot more traffic and add more benefits to your SEO. If you have any other details or any tips that you use, please share your thoughts in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this information, much needed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. Come back soon to see a reply.